Total Pageviews

Friday, April 23, 2010

One Sweet Lassi Please......

And so we entered...finally....

Well, at the IPL parties...Its not easy to get your name on the Guest list....and when you do get your name on one...its even more difficult to get entry into one...ASK PAVAN, AZHAR, RITIKA, RASHMI, CHETAN, and Pavan's good friend.. Dollypaji ( name changed...read the blog to know why it was important to change the name...)

NOTE:- All characters and names in this blog are not fictitious. Any resemblance to any person, living or dead is intentional....I do not bear any responsibility for the same.

After watching RCB thrash KKR at the UB city amphitheater.... Pavan, Azhar and me decided to head to the ITC hotel for the after party...We felt we had the charisma and the required " influence" to walk ourselves in, even if we were not part of the guest list.... I mean...lets face it...I knew Deepika's good friend...Pavan knew Sahil and Dolly Singh... we had everything figured out....

This was the time I had to show off...come on..I knew the ITC Gen manager.... I Knew the restaurant manager...I knew Akshay who was working for the UB group...I had full contacts...One of them would help us get in....for Sure!!!! How wrong i was.....

My first message was to Karen...Karen was a good friend of a restaurant manager at the ITC...so i messaged her asking if she was awake at 12:30 in the morning...poor girl, worried that something had happened to me, quickly called me back...and i was like..." Karen, I want to go for the IPL party....can u ask your friend to help us get in....full sweet and all i was to her...ask her and she will tell u...i have never been that sweet to her....( If you ask her, she will probably say i have never been sweet to her, ever!!)....only to be told, that the restaurant manager ( her friend) had already left for the day.....

With Pavan and Azhar laughing so hard at the way i spoke to her....I was more determined to show how influential i was... So, I messaged the Gen Manager of the ITC group of hotels...A golfing buddy...and an extremely sweet friend...My message read like this...." Hi ****( Name cannot be disclosed for security reasons- my security).. small favour,...if its not too much trouble...is it possible to get 3 of us in for the IPL party tonight...pls don't go out of your way and all...."He surely went out of his way...so much out of his way.....that to this date...he hasn't bothered to reply only....

With both of them still laughing at me....we drive into the Hotel...only to be told that we better park the car ourselves....no celebrities in our car...so no Valet drivers to park... Curses and abuses hurled at the security for not parking our car, Pavan drives the car into the basement.....WAIT...Parking the car was not a bad idea at all..we witnessed something that was probably the most beautiful to our eyes ever....Pavan went mad..( remember Anushree wasn't around...so can you blame him??)we were all so excited to see her...She was this sexy, fantabulous, gorgeous and the best part- NAKED...she was this Brand new- Unregistered Polo parked there....and yes...the best part...It was from ELITE MOTORS.....:)

Not giving up yet.....we entered the hotel...I was extremely pleased to see that we weren't the only fools who were making an effort to get in without a guest pass....and Azhar was having a field day already...the chicks at the entry point were mind blowing.... and he suddenly became very conscious of his surrounding...those who know Azhar will realize that he becomes quite a " stud" when he is around women.... the walk...the jokes...they all flow flawlessly......

With Azhar cracking his wild ones, and Pavan exuding such confidence,that made me laugh my ass off..we walked our way through the crowd, hoping to spot someone that could help us in times of such desperate need....and then we ran into our good friend, Chetan..

Chetan, along with 9 others...( 9 Others...hahahahahaha) was trying his luck at the entry point...now he is an intelligent guy...while we tried taking help from Hotel employees( remember the ITC Gen. manager) ...he had this friend who knew Deepika Padukone really really well...What a smart move...Deepika's friend would definitely be able to help them get in...man i should have been the 11th person in that group....

As soon as he began his story about how he knew Deepika's friend....I realised that this girl ( name cannot be disclosed due to security reasons...and this time...her security, cause i expect Pavan to stalk her....he really wants to know the story behind Deepika- Ranbir break up....and i am really really worried about her well-being....) was a close friend of mine as well..... within seconds I was talking to her and asking her to help 10+3 " close friends" of mine to enter...and she was like, " ya, why not...anything for you Mayur"...awww..so sweet of her...friends like her...angelic...

It was done...Now, we surely had to get in...Deepika Padukone's friend ya...how can we not get in...plus she confirmed she will get us in...so now its a cake walk....I was over the moon...i told these guys i can get them in...see, what contacts i have...People reading this...IPL or EPL...whatever party...u know who to contact now...Don't you!!

While we waited for this " angel" to arrive at the hotel, Pavan was disturbed! Now common, he had to show he had more influence than me...this was a question of prestige here...so...he walked around, trying to find other ' Deepika friends' or anyone that could help him get in....Pavan approached Hotel employees, Security guards....didn't spare anyone...

Now, how pavan could identify this ' toilet door' is beyond my understanding...He found this door that connected the Ground floor toilet to the 1st floor toilet, and through this door we would get access to the party....Brilliant huh...Pavan rushed in...with Azhar and me right behind...then something unbelievable happened...

Pavan sneaked in....Azhar and me didn't...Why??????????? Because we saw Ritika's dad walking towards us just as we entered, and the ' Gentleman' that I am, I suggested that we first wish Ritika's dad...and then we enter...By the time we finished exchanging greetings, Pavan who was almost inside, wondering why we weren't right behind him, came out looking for us...By this time, the security guards at the hotel, understood that the real reason behind us sneaking into the toilets was not ' upset stomach' ( Generally, ITC hotels leave their guest with upset stomachs) ...and they sealed the door...Dam it!! We missed a good chance...

Paan was infuriated!! Pissed off like never before... He had found an access that no one could possibly have...and Azhar and me had ruined it for him...Ritika's dad was like.." Back door entry huh"...and Pavan was like "my friends are the biggest Idiots ever!!!!" ( His mum's statement on how important it is to choose your friends wisely flashed before his eyes....lol)


I wasn't too worried...Deepika's friend, who is( after the blog comes up, may become ' was') my good friend was still expected....she was going to get us in... reputed family we all come from Pavan..all this Back door entry and all...not nice...we will get in...don't you worry Pavan....

By this time, a close friend of Pavan's...Mr Dollypaji ran into Pavan...such sweet people existed i did not know..and honestly, I was envious of Pavan. I mean, here i was making calls to who's- who of Bangalore.... and here, Dollypaji....offers to help Pavan and his friends get in...without any hassle... and with such confidence, that people around him would only get embarrassed...

While we are waiting for Dollypaji and my friend ( ie; Deepika's good friend, who is also my good friend) to help us get in, we met Danish...( Pavan will fill u guys up...if u want to know more about this incident).

Dollypaji tried real hard...I have never met a person, who can go so much out of his way to help people...Man, I made wrong friends...this guy was running all around the hotel...why, cause he had to get Pavan and his friends in...He would keep coming to Pavan, and convince him that there was nothing to worry, and that he would be able to get us is...what I liked best, was how Dolly Singh kept coming to Pavan, and reassuring him, without Pavan actually expecting so much from him...Brilliant Guy!! God Bless him!!!!!

Two Hours Passed...and my friend( who was Deepika's good friend) had still not come...Azhar was waiting to pounce on me...and he did just that... like with Karen, or with the ITC Gen. Manager...this would also not work....both Azhar and Pavan were like, message her and ask her what happened....with great reluctance, I, the sweetheart I am, sent her a kweet message..." *******, Have you arrived at the hotel?? Is it possible?? So so so sorry to bother you like this...."....and she replied..." I came and left...Right now at a House Party...couldn't enter myself...."

How Azhar and Pavan laughed at me...MY GOD!!! Its been 20 days since,and the laughing has still not stopped....Our only hope...the last ray of hope...was all gone!! There was no way we could get in now....they continued laughing at me...They laughed...laughed and laughed more......until we saw deepika walking towards the ' Back door entry' that Pavan had discovered....Since the main entrance was packed with people, they started taking the celebs through the back door( Toilet) entry....Pavan was a proud man...Deepika was walking the 'path' that he had ' discovered'....no mean feat that!!! This was the time that he also hurled abuses at Azhar and me....Atleast, the laughing stopped......:)


Suddenly, Dollypaji appears...he was sounding all positive again...he was like, Pavan I have cleared your access Dost...you and your friends can now enter....Can you see that man there...just go tell him that you are from Dakshin Honda.....and entry is all yours.....I was floored...Pavan you have to thank him for being so helpful buddy.....promise him that you will never forget his help...and that you would be indebted for life....This guy is a real sweetheart I thought.....

Pavan thought for a moment...and said something that was comical to say the least...." Like I didn't know I was from Dakshin Honda...he didn't have to tell me that....Asshole!!!!"and he silently walked towards the coffee shop and ordered one huge glass of sweet Lassii...He really really had to cool down....really!!!

"One Assam Tea, one espresso and one sweet lassii pls...."..." Sir, The Sweet lassii would take 30 min..." Oh! Thats ok...just get it and come.....main aaj sweet lassi peekai jaayenge...."



Azhar...
Pavan...
Mayur.


PS: Put my name last...want to be the last to be killed, incase someone wants to, for writing such an awful blog.....:)


3 comments:

  1. I can't believe I read this whole novella of a story!! :D

    I know you displayed great bravado and I don't mean to emasculate you but you all are such cutie pies! :)

    ::Leaves now to get an (exciting) life of her own::

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruhiiii...Thank u so much...." emasuclate" i believe...haha..your choice of words...good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh God! I just googled emasculate and I meant to use a word with much less intensity.. Sorry! :D

    ReplyDelete